Home Contact Calendar News Staff
In This Site

Who Needs to Request a School?

Complete a Request Form if you:

  • Have a child entering kindergarten (child must turn five on or before September 1).
  • Have a child currently attending High Five or a pre-kindergarten program. Note: children currently enrolled in a pre-kindergarten program or High Five will not automatically be assigned to kindergarten at the school where she/he currently attends.
  • Would like to change schools for grades 1-8.
  • Would like to request a school with Minneapolis Public Schools and are not currently attending one. Have a grade 5, 6 or 7 student at Minneapolis Public Schools interested in a school other than his/her pathway, community or current middle school.


Note: Students enrolled in an MPS K-5 elementary school and residing in the schools' attendance zone have a space reserved for them at their pathway middle school and do not need to submit a school request form. However, students interested in a middle school other than their pathway or community middle school, or their current middle school (grade 6 and 7 students), must complete a school request form. Transportation is available if the student lives in the busing attendance area.


If you have questions about the enrollment process, please contact us at sps.department@mpls.k12.mn.us or call us at 612.668.3700 or 612.668.1840. 

If you have questions about the content of this website, contact answers@mpls.k12.mn.us