Request a School
Who Needs to Request a School?
Families should submit a school request online or via fax or mail, if they:
• Have a child entering kindergarten (child must turn five on or before September 1).
• Have a child currently attending High Five or a pre-kindergarten program.
• Would like to change schools for grades 1-8.
• Would like to request a school with Minneapolis Public Schools and are not currently attending one.
• Have a grade 5, 6 or 7 student at Minneapolis Public Schools interested in a school other than his/her pathway or current middle school.
Parents of children entering kindergarten (child must turn five on or before September 1) must submit a request card and complete the registration process at their assigned school. Registration can be completed during the district-wide registration day in early May 2014, or you may call the school to set up a different time.
Expanded School Options Program
Students who qualify for free/reduced price lunch and live in attendance areas 1B, 1C or 3D have an additional school option.